Medical Lending ClosetProviding durable medical equipment to the community on a temporary basis
For decades, River Terrace Church has operated a medical lending service to the greater Lansing area community, providing temporary use of durable medical equipment.
Medical equipment can be expensive, and often, patients do not need to keep items like walkers, wheelchairs, and shower chairs long after medical procedures.
Our Faith-in-Action committee decided to help and provide this lending service, free of charge.
Items we regularly stock:
- shower chairs and tub benches
- bedside commodes
- elevated toilet seats
- canes and crutches
- reachers, sock aids, gait belts
- Iceman-type cooler units
Equipment donations that we accept:
Items should be clean and in good condition.
- shower chairs
- tub benches
- bedside commodes
- rolling walkers
- regular walkers
- wheelchairs with foot supports
- knee scooters
- quad canes
- slide boards
- walker trays with clamps
* No other donations are needed at this time. Last updated January 2019
To request an item:
- Call our church office at (517) 351-9059 to be sure we have the item you need.
- If so, come to the church office during our lending hours (10 AM to 2 PM, Monday to Friday). If you cannot come, someone can come on your behalf, as long as they have your name, address, and phone number.
Our address is 1509 River Terrace Drive, East Lansing, MI 48823. The building runs parallel to Hagadorn Road, about half a mile south of Grand River Avenue, across from MSU’s Hubbard Hall.
Please return the item when you are finished with it, for others’ use.
River Terrace Church
Our church is located at 1509 River Terrace Drive in East Lansing. The building faces Hubbard Hall on the MSU campus. We’re located 1/2 mile south of Grand River Avenue, on the east side of Hagadorn Road.